Translation business is among the least polluting industries.
We only need a computer, a telephone and an Internet connection. Most of our translators work from home so they do not use transportation regularly. We print very few documents – proofreading and revision are done on-screen. Interpreters do travel sometimes, but we usually call upon interpreters who are available locally.
- As an environmentally aware language services provider, we are committed to minimize our impact on the environment.
- We train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues and communicate our policy within our organisation and to the public.
- We promote efficient use of materials and resources, including water, electricity and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- We encourage our customers and suppliers to adopt “green translations” which do not involve printing. Translations are received and delivered by email resulting in a reduction of resource use and saving on fuel consumption. Our staff ensures that any office paper or newspaper waste goes to recycling.
- We encourage our customers to settle invoices by online banking to cut down on excessive vehicle usage for i.e. cheque collection.
- We make our staff, suppliers and customers aware of our common duty to save global resources for generations to come.
- The Internet has facilitated communication across the world. Online communication allows us to be in touch with our clients and suppliers across the world. In this way we help to reduce the carbon footprint without compromising our business development.
- Reuse and recycle, natural light.